Booking a consultation
At Melbourne Rhinoplasty, we ensure your journey reflects our core values of trust, professionalism, and compassion. Your well-being and satisfaction are our utmost priorities from the moment you reach out to us until your recovery is complete. Led by Dr Philip Jumeau, we specialise in aesthetic and functional rhinoplasty, tailoring treatments to address your unique needs and goals.
Whether you’re seeking an improved appearance or enhanced functionality, we guide you through this process. From initial consultations to comprehensive post-operative care, our services instil confidence, demonstrating that you are in skilled and caring hands.
1. Your First Step: Initial Video Consultation
We initiate our process together with a 15-minute video consultation with Dr Jumeau. This virtual meeting helps us understand your concerns and determine if a face-to-face consultation is the next best step. Here’s how to get started.
1. Obtain a GP Referral: New AHPRA regulations introduced in July 2023 require anyone seeking a surgical/specialist consultation for cosmetic surgery (or functional surgery) to obtain a GP referral. This can be secured from your local regular GP or online through sites such as Primemedic.com.au or instantscripts.com.au for a minimal fee. Please attach this referral to the pre-consultation questionnaire below.
Note: If your consultation pertains to any functional nasal/blockage symptoms, then possessing a referral will qualify you for a partial Medicare rebate. By providing your DOB, address, and Medicare number, we will submit this electronically on your behalf, enabling Medicare to refund the rebate (Currently around $80) to your nominated account. Please remember that cosmetic consultations are not eligible for a rebate but still require a referral per AHPRA.
2. Fill out our Pre-Consultation Questionnaire (below): Provide us with your basic medical information and share your nasal concerns. If your concerns involve the appearance of your nose, please include four photos of your nose from different angles as outlined in the questionnaire.
3. Schedule your Video Consultation ($200 fee): After completing the questionnaire, contact us during business hours at 03 9347 0680 to schedule your video consultation. A $200 fee, payable in advance, applies to this consultation (non-refundable if missed). Note: On the day of your consultation, a Zoom link will be emailed to you in the minutes just prior to your appointment time.
Important: The initial video consultation is an opportunity for a general discussion. It does not include a medical examination, offer second opinions, or management plans. No summary letter is provided to your GP from this consultation. The $200 fee solely pertains to this video consultation and doesn’t cover subsequent face-to-face consultations. On the day of your consultation, a Zoom link will be emailed to you in the minutes just prior to your appointment time.
2. Pre-Consultation Questionnaire
Please fill out the following questions to the best of your ability. Once completed, contact us to schedule your video consultation.
3. The Next Step: Face-to-Face Consultation
If it’s decided during the video consultation that a face-to-face meeting is beneficial, we will arrange an appointment at a time that suits you. Here’s what you need to know:
1. Booking your Appointment ($300 fee): The face-to-face consultation fee is $300, payable at the time of booking (non-refundable if missed). Please note: This fee is separate from and in addition to the initial video consultation fee.
2. Preparing for your Consultation: Depending on your case, Dr Jumeau might suggest specific tests or CT scans before your visit.
3. What to Expect: Dr Jumeau will examine your nose and discuss your options in more detail during the consultation. If surgery is considered, photos will be taken, and written information will be provided, including a quote, information about surgical risks, and post-operative care instructions.
Note: You will require a GP referral for this consultation. This may allow you to claim an approx $80 Medicare refund and potential Medicare/Private Health Fund rebates for possible surgery.